Sunday, November 22, 2009

You get what you expect

I keep reading and hearing that our world is a feeling based universe. Makes sense, as before language, we were just communicating feelings, much like animals.

And I've read, ask for what you want with the feeling of already having received it. So you thank for what you want as if you have it in your hands.

I can see my flawed thinking. I've lived as if what I want is out of reach, the feelings I have on a regular basis are; not yet, or it won't really happen, or oh well, I'd better take what I can get, cause the 'real' thing ain't coming.

Now I can see my 'job' is to catch myself inside of those feelings and chang them to one of prosperity, or 'I have it already and I am grateful".

It's a harder job than I ever thought to catch myself thinking inside scarcity, lack, doubt and worry. That is so common, that's the normal way of thinking. I risk looking foolish, and like a kind of dunderhead with my mind in the clouds. I didn't realize I was so influenced by what others thought of me. Must be something I learned as I've aged, cause I certainly never cared before. Like a gentle snowfall, my worry of what others think of me has crept silently into my thoughts, indistinguishable.

So the phrase "You don't get what you want, you get what you expect" now makes more sense than ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment