Monday, November 16, 2009

Feelings Are Good?

"You're supposed to to cry, you're not supposed to shove your feelings under the rug." Ellen Degeneres

'Of course, duh! Everybody knows that', I thought when I first read this quote from Ellen Degeneres . But then I asked, wait why do I think I know what she is saying? It started me on a truth telling expedition and I saw how many times I was taught not to express myself. To not be angry or laugh or smile so much. Anyone remember "I'll take that smile off your face." or "I'll give you something to cry about"?
I've been trained to be uncomfortable with extreme emotions, mine as well as others.
I learned early on that emotions were not safe, anytime and anywhere.
That's just silly.
Our universe responds to emotion. Emotions are the vibration we all talk about in the Law of Attraction. So what on earth are we thinking when we suppress our emotions?
Being aware is more important than ever, and different than I ever thought it was. I'm only now begining to get a glimpse of what it means to be self-aware.

No comments:

Post a Comment