Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Receiving

Whatever we are waiting for - peace of mind, contentment, grace, the inner awareness of simple abundance - - it will surely come to us, but only when we are ready to receive it with an open and grateful heart." Sarah Ban Breathnach

I have heard myself; and a few of my friends say, "Okay! I'm ready to receive NOW...any time NOW....I've given enough NOW, it's time for me to GET."

Yeah, I've said it more than a few times. Funny thing, with that attitude I don't get what I'm looking for. Or if I do get it, I don't recognize it.

For years I was looking for the reincarnated Clark Gable to swoop me off my feet, fall in love with me and ask me to marry him. It never happened. All the time I usually had a great Clark Kent right next to me, but I wasn't in a mind set to receive. I wanted someone else to validate me. And come on, Clark Kent just didn't feel validating. When I could feel my worth, then I was ready to really love someone.


So, what does the mean for me about my dream job?

I keep reading that the universe will respond abundantly to the vibration of whatever I am passionate about, focused upon, committed to, and what I really believe is possible.

"really believe is possible"

I asked myself "what do I really believe is possible?"

I found all sorts of negative thoughts and feelings there. Aha! I thought, like Sherlock Holmes. No wonder!

These negative thoughts and feeling sneak in, they know every crack, and back door through my positive armour. I could feel the truth of how I really think, how I constantly judge and evaluate myself, and how that keeps me from an abundant frame of mind.

Each morning as I wake up, I say over and over, "Thank you" I picture myself having fun at work, feeling fulfilled, joyful at what I am doing. I actually got myself to tears this morning picturing myself in this new capacity.

Well, that's what I've got for today! Thanks for reading along. Love and prosperity to you all

No comments:

Post a Comment