Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Feelings are Good? part 2


So yesterday, I write this blog about how feeling are supposed to be good for you. No less than 60 minutes of posting that blog, I have what I would lovingly call a melt down. I communicated my insecurities publicly and regretted it, spilled my coffee twice, could not find my keys... well, you get the picture.
Some days it feels like all I do is dodge bullets, like this super hero. But my problem is, I'm not a super hero, I do not bend steel in my bare hands or able to leap tall buildings in a single bound to quote the old Superman TV show.
Lately, it just feels like I'm not dodging very well, and getting hit.
I've read over and over, that I'm the one in charge of my feelings, I get to say whether a person 'gets under' my skin or not. And I'm also told that there is a thing called the butterfly effect, that we all are intricately connected. So, how do you remain centered, regardless of the circumstances and interconnectedness of us all? How does that work?

No comments:

Post a Comment