Saturday, December 31, 2011

Allowing Every Moment of 2012 to Teach

Bringing light, or learning to every moment sounds easy enough, but I certainly have a particular attitude when I am faced with the more challenging feelings of anger or pain and usually run away either physically, emotionally or mentally. 

However, the real strength arises when I meet the uncomfortable times with no resistance or  story of how 'this should not' be this way.

Pema Chodren has said:
…feelings like disappointment, embarrassment, irritation, resentment, anger, jealousy, and fear, instead of being bad news, are actually very clear moments that teach us where it is that we’re holding back. They teach us to perk up and lean in when we feel we’d rather collapse and back away. They’re like messengers that show us, with terrifying clarity, exactly where we’re stuck. This very moment is the perfect teacher, and, lucky for us, it’s with us wherever we are.”

2012 will be a breakthrough year by taking on the practice of allowing to open up to meet the challenges of a fast changing world.  By not getting stuck in only allowing the happy, or sweet, I allow the freedom of my human experience to inform me and develop my response verses reaction.

On this path, my friends and family around me get a kind of freedom from my opinions, and judgements of how they should be. It's a selfish path to take, as my hope is to give myself freedom from the constant inner monologue of judgements, criticisms, and upsets.  It is my declaration for 2012.

I like the thought of Buddha:

“Thousands of candles can be lit from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened.”

No comments:

Post a Comment