Sunday, December 4, 2011

Daily Beauty

When I take a moment to become aware, to step aside from the fog of living day to day, with it's concerns, worries and frustrations, I see the majestic beauty of our planet. 
This beauty is expressed in each blade of grass, leaf on a bush and the branches of the trees in my backyard.
I don't have to go some place with expansive vistas, as wonderful and as beautiful as they are, I can see beauty all around me.
What a magnificent world.  I so want to be a reflection of that beauty, inside and out.
So, I choose to honor my body and mind with practices that support my care, health and development. It makes sense to me that if I want this world to last,  I can start is by believing in the spirit within, and do what I can to nurture that spirit. 
I can get trapped by the instant gratification of the media, of quick money schemes, or weight loss, or transformation.  However, there is not fast way to spiritual development. It takes a daily respect of self, not ego, but self to be a refection of the world I profess to love.  So, I keep my focus on loving, compassion and trust that if I follow this path, it will allow me the opening for the spirit within to manifest what I need each day, month and year to grow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment