Monday, December 19, 2011

Powerfully Complete 2011

We are coming to a close of 2011, which means it is the beginning of 2012.  But how to create 2012 as something unique, self-expressed and joyful, and not just an extension of 2011, or 2010 or 2009?

The real secret is by coming to terms of what happened in 2011.  Tell the truth of the ups and the downs that happened in the year.

What did you succeed at?  Where did you fall short of your goals?  What regrets to you have?  What accomplishments?

The trick is to be ruthlessly honest with yourself.  In the book, "Think and Grow Rich"  by Napoleon Hill, it gives you a ruthless Self-Assessment Questionnaire.  I do the quiz, not to see where I succeeded, but to be honest with myself as to where I fell short, where my ego got the best of me, where I judged too harshly, where I fell short of generosity and compassion.

Once I can view honestly my behavior and results from the year (remembering that results do not lie), I can then honestly and freely create the next week or month or year.  Doing this simple, yet demanding, task, has strengthened, and served my soul, not my ego. 

No comments:

Post a Comment