Sunday, January 1, 2012

Bring Peace

2012 has started.  Our regrets, upsets, challenges, and accomplishments of 2011 are set aside to allow the hopes and aspirations of a new year to come to the foreground.  In all the hope for a brighter and more joyful year, bring peace with you where ever you are. Make an choice to enter into each situation bringing peace and if you can muster it, awareness.

We are in a time of great changes, and world challenges. It is all good, but as with any major change it can be worrisome and concerning. "How is this going to work out?  Will I make it?", could be some thoughts floating around.

All around us there will be loud dramatic opinions, arguments and demands for our attention.  In all of this, bring peace.  Bringing yourself forward with peace could possibly be a ray of hope for the people around you.  Easier said than done, as I watch myself get triggered instantly from my husband saying something, or a favorite cup broken, or a bill that will be a struggle to pay.  I try not to be perfect in these times, but I do try to bring peace. 

I started meditating consistently last year. I started with Deepak Chopras 21 day meditation challenge, so it was easy to just open a daily email and click on a link and settle down to listen to the guided meditation.  Like a gentle mist, I didn't notice the results right away, then I started to see more clearly how to better support myself, better guide myself without all the struggle and righteousness that normally accompanies making changes.

  I highly recommend taking 10 minutes each day to just sit, unwind and breathe. To quiet the mind can be a challenge, but the rewards are well worth the investment.  In the climate of our world today, we will need all the inner strength and confidence we can develop.

No comments:

Post a Comment