Friday, December 16, 2011

Success is Stumbling, Just Not Falling

I has taken me years to understand that what I think is success, isn't, and what I think is failure, isn't.
It occurs to me that success is a string of small stumbles and near misses, that add up to a sort of victory.  But it's no sure bet, or clean shot, or even easy access. 
Real success is the step by step win over the inner demons that tell me what a (fill in here)  I am, or how (blank)  is that, and on and on.  The incessant, constant judgement of myself and others, and yet to stand along side that and still take actions towards the goal, or dream;  that is true success.
As I am reminded by the yin/yang icon, there is the dark in the light and light in the dark.  You can't erase all of it, but you can embrace it.  I have found a kind of power in that.  A true sense of accomplishment.

No comments:

Post a Comment