Monday, January 4, 2010

First Monday of January 2010

Annnnnnnd we are off!

Here it is the first Monday of the new year. This is when we really feel the beginning of a new possibility, new hope for a better year, new expectations of results.

The feeling in the air is excited, joyful, and optimistic.

But telling the truth, we all fear that time when resignation creeps in, when we having faltered to keep our commitments to lose weight or get in shape or to change behaviors, or make more money or whatever. We fear that time in 3 weeks, or 5 weeks when the newness wears off, and we are back to business as usual. Back to the new year being that same as last year.

So how do we practice awakening to our joy each day? What can we do to create that feeling of newness at each day, after each time we suffer disappointment?

The quickest fastest easiest way to feel good is to give thanks.

Take time each day to really give thanks. Give thanks for what is yours and give thanks for what you desire. Give thanks epically for what you have set as goals as if it is already present.

Trust me, I know how hard that can be. I've had the same bad 2008-2009 that you did. But I took on the practice of breathing in gratitude. Gratitude for a beautiful sunrise, for a laugh with the dogs, for a quiet moment with my loved ones.

Just this year I learned to give thanks for what I desire. Thanks the world, the universe, or God or whatever for what is coming, as if it is already achieved.

That's what I'm practicing each day. And 2010 will be the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment