Thursday, January 5, 2012

Confidence in a Demanding World

I was having one of 'those' days.  In the middle of all the demands, stresses, judgements, and ideals to which one can never reach; I paused long enough to ask myself a question.  What am I resisting?  What am I fighting against in myself that if I just let go of the fight and struggle to maintain my point of view, what could happen?

In the past I have stopped struggling and it has eroded my confidence, my sense of trusting myself, and believing in my intuition.  That's not what I am talking about here.  I will call that just giving up.  That is not letting go of resistance.

When I looked at what I was resisting, it was more complex than I could imagine, it had more to do with being effective and what the past has informed me about being effective means people demand more of you and ' You can't say no'.  That again erodes confidence, the lack of freedom to either say yes or no.  Not what I am talking  about here.

I'm talking about more of a moment by moment awareness to the struggles that are really effective and create good things, and the struggles that are ego based and do no good but feed the ever starved ego.  That was a great thing to differentiate.  I suspect it will be a life long challenge to keep differentiating from ego and that which serves to build confidence and inner strength. 




No comments:

Post a Comment