Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Time

"So he said at this time you're going to see that things will speed up, that people on the earth will move faster and faster. Grandchildren will not have time for grandparents. Parents will not have time for children. It will seem like time is going faster and faster. The elders advised us that as things speed up, you yourself should slow down. The faster things go, the slower you go." Hopi Prophecy

Ah, to slow down, at least mentally, as age has helped me slow down physically.  To slow down mentally is an interesting process.  At first I had to look at how bored I thought being still, or not adding to the dramas of the moments, not to get involved in my thoughts of the past or how to protect myself from some unknown threat from without, was.  To stay long enough in what I experienced as boredom was and still is a challenge, and slowly the rewards of that practice is paying off in the ability to access effortless ease, effective conversations, and efficient actions.

Who know that the access to power was stillness?

So, then the speeding up of time isn't a worry for me, I can find the eternal in every tree, gust of air, and sunrise. 




No comments:

Post a Comment