Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Meditation

I don't know about you, but I struggle meditating. I fidget, open my eyes to see the time, think all sorts of things.

What I do, is not meditation, just passing time. ;) Or I get maybe 2-5 minutes of meditation in, the rest is just thinking time. And not very restful thinking if you know what I mean.

I remember, years ago, I met a guy who meditated daily, and he said when he first started meditating he had so much energy, he couldn't believe it.

That just hasn't happened with me. I realize a pit fall of living is to compare your results with others. To constantly see how you are doing in comparison to how others do. It's like comparing apples and oranges. Yes, they are fruit, but different in every other way possible.

So, I keep at it, knowing this is one of the best things I can do for myself in this hectic life we live today, with it's rush, rush, get it all done now life.

I trust that meditation is a key to sanity, clarity, and true joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment