Thursday, December 31, 2009

Make 2010 a Real New Year

Here we are 2010!

Believe me I never thought I'd live this long.

So to make 2010 a real new year I will follow the advice of Earl Nightengale:

"Learn to enjoy every minute of your life. Be happy now. Don't wait for something outside of yourself to make you happy in the future. Think how really precious is the time you have to spend, whether it's at work or with your family. Every minute should be enjoyed and savored."

Earl Nightengale was considered one of the most effective people of his time. Here is an example of why:
During his lifetime, Nightingale wrote and recorded over 7,000 radio programs, 250 audio programs as well as television programs and videos.

He was also one of 12 survivors of the attack in 1941 on Pearl Harbor on the USS Arizona.

So, he has some credibility to suggest that I love every minute of life, as his life was not a smooth ride.

In 2010, I take on loving every minute of life given to me. I thank the spiritual guide within and without for all the gifts I've been given, for all the people I've met and worked with, for all the experience that had me grow and become aware.

I savor life like I savor good wine, chocolate, and art. I am grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment