Sunday, December 27, 2009

Getting Things Done


I've noticed, lately, I'm living my life like a big 'to-do' list. I'm just getting things done. But I get no pleasure when things get done, I'm only present to the next list of things that 'have to be done'. So there is little joy, happiness, or fulfillment in my list. Not exactly how I want to move into 2010.

So how do I put the joy back into the things that need to be done, like balance the check book, prepare for 2009 taxes, walk the dogs at 6 am, get on the elliptical and do my 30 minutes of exercise?

What can I focus upon?

Yes, I've read all the books and even taught all the right things to do and say to people. However, in a pinch, I've noticed that something new needs to be done to generate accomplishment.

So, I'm on a discovery in 2010: What does give me joy? Satisfaction? Full Self-Expression?

I'm not a fame girl, don't really care to be famous, want to be successful, just not famous. I love providing service to others. And even when it looks like you need to hit them over the head a bit. ;)

So, this year will be about finding that path, one of allowing the spirit within expression.

No comments:

Post a Comment