Monday, July 30, 2012

Retreat Day Three

I have been meditating for almost 4 years now; on my own.  I guess I'm a bit of a fluke, or an independent spirit. I would, every few months, think to myself that I would like to find a teacher of meditation.  However, the people I checked into never really inspired me, or felt quite right.  It's serious business who you choose to study with, giving them access to your thinking and perceptions of life.

So, in my point of view, I felt justified in my caution and research to find what I trusted.  I chose the Shambala Meditation Center, and found a workplace in Venice.  Not exactly down the street from me, but better than the option in Pasadena.  I signed up for Warrior I weekend.  Friday evening, Saturday and Sunday from 8 - 6. 

It was an amazing experience, for two full days no computer, email, phone, TV, radio, news, gossip, etc.  I had the feeling that my mind was getting a gentle massage.  I could feel muscles in my head  relax, unwind, and open.  A very different feeling, if you haven't experienced it before.

On Sunday, I was interviewed by the Director of the Shambala Center in Pasadena, the Associate Director and a senior meditation instructor.   What I liked was the senior level of teacher.  these people have seen a lot, been through a lot, and are masterful in listening openly and authentically.  That was a real gift. 

There is so much I want to say about this retreat, so I will be posting more everyday.  Thank you for reading, I appreciate you.

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like this was a great weekend for you! I'm so glad it seems you found a step you needed! Looking forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete