Friday, February 17, 2012

"The Best Advice I Ever Got"

In Katie Couric's book, "The Best Advice I Ever Got' there is a story from Christina Applegate called:  "You Don't Have the Luxury of Negative Thoughts".  I recommend you read the story for yourself to get the full benefit of what she accomplished in very challenging times.

I am facing challenging times, and what I hear in my inner voice is that advice, which came to Ms Applegate by way of Michael Beckwith.  Currently, I don't have the luxury of negative thoughts.  Negative thoughts are a kind of indulgence, distraction,  a way of justifying and getting myself off the hook for the results in my live. 

It takes an awareness, and conscious choice to look directly and honestly at any circumstance, situation or obstacle with clarity.  I get labeled a 'Pollyanna', for what seems positive thinking, but really I'm keeping myself focused on what works and highlighting that.  I have found that takes a kind of courage, persistence and fortitude not taught in schools but learned in the school of life.  I wouldn't have it any other way.

Here's to abundance consciousness.

No comments:

Post a Comment