Sunday, August 5, 2012

Practcing Patience at Disneyland

Jeff and I have annual passes to Disneyland.  It's a gift we give ourselves, as we have discovered that a small trip to Disneyland, even if it's only for a small dinner and one ride on the Tower of Terror renews, refreshed and revitalizes.  It's a mini vacation.

We went to D-land last night for dinner with a friend and to see if we could get on the new Cars Land ride Radiator Springs Racers.  Disneyland is notorious for long lines at rides, but tonight it would be a 2 hour wait.  We decided to suck it up and got in line.

One hour and a half into our wait the ride broke down.  We were told it would be another hour wait as they fixed the electrical breakdown.  As we were in line and had waited so long, we decided to wait it out.  Several people ahead of us bailed, and our position improved.

As we were waiting, I did some meditative breathing.  Keeping my mind clear, and present to the beauty around us.  48 minutes later, the ride was fixed and we were moving along nicely.  We did get on the ride in under 20 minutes after that.  It was a nice experience.  Riding through the 'painted dessert canyons in night time with the beautiful lighting made it worthwhile.

What was amazing was my husband saying he didn't feel the pressure of time waiting in line.  He said it didn't feel like we had been waiting 3 hours.  Wow!

I think I will take that one as evidence of my doing meditation breathing to keep the edginess of impatience building within me.

No comments:

Post a Comment