Thursday, March 4, 2010

Celebrate Each Step

Everywhere I turn there is yet again another person telling me how to be successful, how to get more bang for my buck, how to be unstoppable.

They have the answer; and they will now tell me. Sometimes I just want them to calm down a bit.

I have begun to take a different path, I have become curious. I ask deeper questions of myself.

I realize that the road to fulfillment is lined with challenges, road blocks, stop signs, U turns, and yield signs.

It is never a straight path in life. That's the fun. That is the part where we, as a country and a civilization, need to grow most especially.

The ability to choose fun and playfulness in the tough times, the demands, the times when you think 'I can't do this' any longer.

We have spent energy making sure that the corners of life are rounded, we seem to be trying to eliminate the bumps of life. So that no one gets hurt, I assume. That's like trying to squeeze a balloon; not a good idea.

Instead we might consider celebrating challenges, welcome them, embrace the sharp pointy edges of life. And ask; like a good scientist or inventor, the questions that encourage growth, not stifle it.

Encouragement comes from celebrating each move, regardless of the circumstances. Celebrate the love you have, the money you have, the health you have, then ask; what's next?

I began asking that 'what's next' question joyfully, expectantly, with unexpected enchanting results in mind. And it makes me laugh, lifts my heart, and makes me smile.

If you try this on, tell me your results, I would love to hear from you. ;)

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE this
    "began asking that 'what's next' question joyfully, expectantly"
    A great new take on Whats next?

    ReplyDelete