Monday, March 8, 2010

Breaking the Scarcity Habit

I was talking with my husband Saturday. We were having lunch at some neighborhood joint. I started to consider that perhaps money, or more accurately, my struggles with it, was a bad habit, like nail biting or smoking. And just like any habit, a shift in perception can assist in altering the habit.

I was a smoker way back in High School. And when cigarettes went from 30-50 cents a pack I told myself, "I'm not paying that" and I stopped smoking. Of course I had challenges, but I was determined not to pay $0.50 a pack!

I was also a vicious nail biter, and right before I graduated from college I just told myself to stop, and did.

I also got married by choosing to be finished with this single life of mine.

My question to myself becomes: is there a difference in creating income? Can I use my higher thoughts to create income, just as I used my higher thoughts to stop smoking, stop nail biting, and find the man of my dreams?

There is something very similar in all of these things, and that is this: what I choose to think about and my reactions.

I determine my reactions, no one else; I do. I can get upset or not, I can remain focused and choose the path I want my life to proceed upon, or allow the circumstances to dictate.

It takes persistence. The same way stopping smoking did, persistence to a vision, a dream, a goal.

So, I'm so done with the scarcity level of thinking that has been programed into me since birth. I choose an abundant life.

No comments:

Post a Comment