Wednesday, August 25, 2010

The difference between 'busy' and effective

I hear many people say, "Oh, I'm too busy for that", or "I don't have time for that".

It gave me pause, what are they really saying?

What am I really saying when I profess to being busy?
Usually, I'm saying no in a polite way. I've discovered many people are saying it to profess importance, or to 'get off the hook' to produce a result.

I have known many successful people, they never left me with a feeling that they were 'too busy' or that they were more important than anyone else. These effective shakers and movers got the results, and with grace and ease.

I didn't say easy, they did it with ease. That ease might be one of the many secrets to being effective and successful. They do not resist the problems at hand, they do not try to sluff them off to someone else, they are effective because they look at problems directly.

Ease, practice ease today. It brings clarity, joy in the moment, and effectiveness.

No comments:

Post a Comment