Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Meditation, Intuition and Being


I have struggled with meditation for most of my life. I had a lot of complaints about it. Things like: I couldn't stop the constant voice in my head complaining, it was boring, why should I do this, I have other things tot do with my time than this. And on and on.

Things changed when I started to experience insomnia. I would wake up at 3:18 AM, and be awake! Just lay there and worry about the world falling apart. Nice huh?

Then I thought, well, I have all those meditation tapes, why not put them on my ipod and listen to that, maybe that will calm my worry voice long enough so I can go back to sleep.

It worked. I now practice meditation each day. Sometimes for just 5 minutes, but I practice.

Here is what I noticed, I'm seeing the world in it's entirety not just as me, my world, my ego. My ego is still there, but I have more moments of wholeness, of one with the world.

One of my mentors used to say: Be in the world not of the world.

More tomorrow on how meditation has helped my intuition.

No comments:

Post a Comment