Saturday, September 1, 2012

Meditation With Dogs pt3

Ah, yes.  This mornings meditation with the dogs was slightly more challenging today.  I got myself in my spot to meditate, Rook, my white boxer, snuggled up to me using her somersault method.

 In this method, she turns a somersault using my body as her guide and slides her head down my side and under to roll  and flip so her legs are now by my side and her head is further away.

When she does this the little one, Sprocket,  sees it as a perfect opportunity for play,   She  runs, from where ever she is,  and pounces on top of Rook,  and, as we say, "Oh, it's on now!".

So much for a quite meditation. 

I remembered what one of my mentors told me.  Whatever is in your space, IS your meditation.  The more you resist what comes to you the slower your development in awareness.  Awareness is why you meditate in the first place.

So, I surrendered that my dogs were going to take this opportunity to play and wrestle with each other, and I maintained my meditation.  I didn't do the full 30 minutes, but I did get in 20 minutes.

Ah, thank goodness I get another chance to meditate this afternoon. 


No comments:

Post a Comment