Thursday, September 9, 2010

Liking What You See in the Mirror

Liking yourself. Another way to say that is being at peace with your faults, weaknesses, strengths, ego, arrogance, humor, energy, family, spouse, and, well you get the picture. Be at peace.

When you look in the mirror, be friends with who is there. Most of us judge and evaluate ourselves viciously. "Oh, look at my belly, my hair, my wrinkles, my flab!" We say. Try having a good day after that conversation at the mirror.

What about, "Oh, look at the sparkle in my eyes, the nice curve of my cheeks, the smooth sounds of my voice."

Begin a love affair with the person in the mirror, not one based on ego, but based on honoring the spirit within. The essence of life that beats our heart, brings air into our lungs and many many under thanked jobs our life force does for us to allow us to live.

So be at peace, and find ways to bring your perfection to the surface. Bring the best out of that person in the mirror.

No comments:

Post a Comment